Sophisticated. Self-assured. Sleek.
Gold is the perfect commodity to share the intrinsic HYT fascination with time’s fluidity. Born of a harmonious union of tradition and modernity, the H0 Gold celebrates this precious metal’s immaculate journey from the jewels of antiquity, to unsurpassed energy conduction in the digital age. Archaeology meets the laboratory in a watch design that states self-confidence, offering wearers a clear perspective on exactly where they are, right now.
The inspiration of meticulous excavation finds expression in a focus on the bare essentials of the passage of time. Their instigator comprises two multi-layer bellows, visible through the dial. These trigger the forward movement of time through the patented HYT micro-fluidic module. Aesthetics applaud the science-based measurement of liquid. A curved dial surface appears to host a drop of water; a subtle wave pattern completes the scene. Like unrestrained water, time never stands still.
HYT is graphic in its core belief that context and content define time. It supports this viewpoint in the H0 Gold with an instantly visible black fluid indicating recently elapsed time and a clear one suggesting what is to come. Considered dial detail, such as a power reserve display with a water-themed pattern, provide exacting punctuation in this 360° statement on the intricate relationship between time and space. An ultra-matte black strap in alligator leather complements the 18k Champagne-colored gold case. With 2N purity and a confidently current mix of circular brushing and fine sandblasting, this confirms the timepiece’s relevance and presence, rooted in what matters. A golden opportunity to go with the flow.
- Black fluidic hours
- Minutes, seconds, power reserve
- Yellow gold (2N) with microblasted, polished and satin finishes
- Diameter: 48.8 mm
- Height: 18.7 mm
- Yellow gold (2N) crown
- Box-domed sapphire crystal, anti-reflective coating
- Screwed case-back, sapphire crystal
- Water-resistant to 30 meters
HYT’s exclusive patented micro-fluidic module:
- Borosilicate glass capillary tube, nano-coating interior
- Multi-layer metal bellows
- Two immiscible liquids; one transparent, the other one colored with a highly resistant dye
- Thermal compensator with dedicated bellow and specific liquid
- High-tech ceramic fluidic restrictors
- Mechanical with manual winding, exclusive caliber
- 28,800 Vph, 4 Hz, 35 jewels
- Bevelled and Côtes de Genève adorned bridges
- 65-hour power reserve
- Transmission between movement and fluidic module by conversion of rotation into linear movement using a cam-follower system
- Isostatic connection of the fluidic system guaranteed by a trident
- Gold opaline dial, engraved markers and numerals, white Super-LumiNova®
- Brushed and microblasted counters, engraved markers and numerals, white Super-LumiNova®
- Black minute and second hands, white Super-LumiNova®
Strap: Black matt alligator, yellow gold (2N) and titanium folding buckle
HYT was born of a question. Time flows and only gains meaning through content. So why limit its measurement to indicating the now in splendid isolation, with needle-sharp hands or fleeting digital displays? Determined that its rebellion should make statements and waves, a multi-disciplinary think-tank set out to create timepieces that visibly connect the past, present and future. The HYT answer is a watch that overcomes the force of gravity to indicate the passage of time with liquids. Highly advanced technology took its cue from philosophy to mirror time’s intrinsic fluidity.
The rest is history. To be precise, it’s history that began 3,400 years ago with the Clepsydras, or water clocks, of the Pharaohs. These so-called “water thieves” transported H2O from one container to another to measure elapsed or “stolen” time. This meaningful visualization of the transition of time seemingly disappeared until 2012, when HYT broke new scientific ground, inventing a wristwatch integrating a patented fluidic module. A colored liquid documents the recent past; a transparent fluid indicates the foreseeable future. Their meeting point is a meniscus, aka the now.
Today HYT is an ecosystem that unites science, hi-technology, philosophy, art and design. Based in Neuchâtel, at the heart of the traditional Swiss watchmaking region, a dedicated team of 43 individuals makes liquid time real time. Their radical wristwatches harmoniously incorporate a mechanical watch movement as the trigger to the fluid propulsion. They make total sense of time – time and time again.