Do you like cars? Then you more than likely know who Jeremy Clarkson is. He was a host on Top Gear, now hosting The Grand Tour, and has been known to have very strong opinions on cars. He’s shown absolute delight behind the wheel of some, but is also known to not hold back when he dislikes certain automobiles.
Today, Clarkson penned an article on that explains his top ten favorite cars from 2015 and 2016. The list is quite varied, including Italian supercars and even a European van. Below is the list of the cars which he found most impressive over the past two years and his thoughts on the cars from his article.
- Mazda MX-5 2.0 Sport Recaro: “It’s a cure for depression, this car, it really is. You just can’t be in a bad mood when you’re driving it.”
- Alfa Romeo 4C coupé: “I’ve never driven any mainstream road car that generated quite such an outpouring of affection as the Alfa Romeo 4C.”
- Mercedes-AMG GT S: ” This is a modern-day muscle car. It’s Merc’s Mustang. You sense this when you drive it. It feels raw.”
- Ford Focus RS: “Even at James May speeds, on a roundabout in Hounslow, this car feels cleverer than is normal. It feels like a Nissan GT-R.”
- Ford Mustang Fastback 5.0 V8 GT: “What it is, is a muscle car. And you sense that in the second yard. This is a machine that wants to turn its tyres into smoke and go round every corner sideways.”
- Volvo XC90 D5 AWD: “It’s so soothing, you could nod off. And you’d be fine, because it’d wake you up if anything was wrong.”
- Vauxhall Zafira Tourer 1.6 CDTi Tech Line: “Never have I encountered any car, including the Rolls-Royce Phantom, that’s so good at refusing to transmit road irregularities into the cabin.”
- BMW M2: “It’s so good that in a few bends I was actually dribbling with joy.”
- Ferrari 488 GTB: “As a driving machine, it’s — there’s no other word — perfect.”
- Lamborghini Aventador: “Given the choice of any supercar, this is the one I’d buy. I admire the McLaren P1. But which would you rather have as a pet: a clever and sophisticated electronic robot? Or a bloody great brontosaurus?”
Also, be sure to check back next week when he reveals the worst cars of 2015 and 2016.
Buy or sell your exotic car at duPontREGISTRY.com and check back with for more supercar news.