The all-new 2019 8 Series Coupe has finally been debuted after a very long wait. BMW notes that the new 8-Series “opens a further chapter in the brand’s successful sports car history and kicks off the premium manufacturer’s model initiative in the luxury segment.”
When the 8 Series releases in November 2018, there will be one available model: The M850i xDrive. This luxury sports car will be powered by a new BMW TwinPower Turbo 4.4-liter V8 engine. Output of this engine is rated at 523 horsepower and 553 lb-ft of torque. Mated to this engine is an eight-speed Steptronic Sport transmission that will launch the car from 0 to 60 mph in just 3.6 seconds. That kind of speed isn’t bad considering its curb weight of 4,478 lbs.
Here are some highlights from this new car that should definitely be known:
- Slimmest headlights BMW has ever made, come with Laserlight technology
- New BMW kidney grille features “new design language”
- Front spoiler added for better aerodynamics
- 20-inch M light-alloy wheels (245/35R20 front and 275/30R20 rear)
- Heavily raked rear window
- Two sets of exhaust tailpipes
- M differential lock
- Remote Software Upgrade keeps the 8 Series software up to date
- Navigation data can be used to increase the transmission’s performance
- Optimized intake ports for higher flow
- 50/50 split folding rear seat
- Pedestrian detection comes standard
BMW will be releasing the 2019 M850i xDrive this fall, with prices being announced closer to the release date.